If you own or manage a small hotel, you don’t need us to tell you that small hoteliers face different challenges than owners or managers of larger properties. As a small hotel owner, you know these challenges first-hand.
With fewer staff to rely on and smaller budgets to work with, managing a smaller property often calls for a more time-consuming, hands-on approach that involves wearing multiple hats every day. But we’re not here to tell you what you already know—we’re here to help you find the right tools to manage your staff, budget, and workload so you can cut costs and increase your revenue.
The right property management system (PMS) can make managing a small hotel easier by automating tedious tasks and processes, streamlining booking and reservation management, scheduling housekeeping and maintenance, and more. But the best PMS for a larger property isn’t always the right choice for a smaller hotel, inn, or B&B.
What Can a Small Hotel PMS Do For You?
A small hotel PMS can do a lot for you. The best PMS for small hotels will offer a variety of features that will help you operate your property more efficiently and increase your bookings without including unnecessary and costly tools and features you don’t need. With the right small hotel PMS, you can:
- Automate time-consuming administrative tasks like adding in new reservations, managing housekeeping, prioritizing early check ins and late check outs, and accepting payments
- Manage reservations easily with all reservation information available at your fingertips
- Simplify complicated channel management and boost your property’s visibility by directly connecting to all the major OTA’s through one easy-to-use platform
- Improve your booking experience by offering guests simple online booking options, including mobile booking
- Increase revenue by adjusting room rates according to demand and easily adding up-selling and cross-selling opportunities during the booking experience
- Streamline staffing, housekeeping, and maintenance by assigning tasks and prioritizing them by guest arrival time
- Quickly adjust room rates on all OTAs based on demand, room class, and occupancy percentage
- Get better insights into your hotel’s performance using detailed reports, as well as powerful revenue and performance review tools
How can one software platform help you access all of these benefits? There are a few key features you should look for when searching for the best PMS for your small hotel, including:
- All-in-one property management system
- Simplified channel manager
- High-converting booking engine
- Easy upselling and cross-selling to generate more revenue
- Performance reporting
- Cloud-based and mobile accessible
Managing a small hotel comes with a unique set of challenges that managers or owners of larger properties may not experience. By automating tedious tasks and processes and streamlining booking and reservation management, the right small hotel PMS can help you cut costs, improve your guest experience, and increase your revenue.